Simikot Limi Valley Kailash Trek
In Simikot Limi valley Kailash trek you could witness Humla’s snow capped mountains; lush valleys, unique Trans-Himalayan plateau, rocky cliffs, quiet lakes, long streaming rivers and abundance of wildlife are major attractions for visitors. Simikot is the gate way of Mt. Kailash.The way leads along with mighty Karnali River until getting Kermi. From Tsongsa we enter for Limi valley and after crossing Nyalo pass we are inside Limi valley.
Halji Gompa is located in the Limi valley in Humla , the most remote district in the Himalayas of Northern Nepal. Also known as Rinchenling Gompa, Halji Gompa was constructed by a Tibetan Buddhist, Rinchen Zangbo in the 10th Century AD with support from a Malla King of Sinja. It is thought to be the first Gompa within the boundaries of what is today modern Nepal. For centuries this Gompa stood as a cultural and religious centre for three villages in the Limi Valley. Previously the Gompa belonged to the Sakya sect but later changed to the Digung Kagyu sect because of its affinity with the Gyang Drag Gompa at holy Mt. Kailash. This 1000 year old Halji Gompa lies in the middle of the village of Halji at an altitude of 3660 meters. The village is set in an exotic landscape surrounded by hills with the Limi River running through the valley.
Limi Vally Kailash Trek
1 to 15+ Person
Breakfast in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj, Full board food during trekking & Tibet Tour
Kathmandu City Sightseeing
Moderate / Strenuous
3* Hotels in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj / Camping during trekking / Guesthouse in Tibet
Autumn & Spring
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Day time sightseeing and evening flight to Nepalgunj. O/N Siddhartha Hotel.
Day 03 Morning flight to Simikot (2910m) and acclimatization. O/N camp or Guesthouse.
Day 04 Morning local immigration formalities. and afternoon trek to Majhgaon (2270m.) 2.5 hrs O/N Camp.
Day 05 Trek to Kermi (2690 m) 7 hrs O/N camp Day 05 Trek to Tsongsa (3400m aprox.) 8 hrs O/N Camp
Day 06 Trek over Nyalo Pass (4800m) camp at Talung Valley (3500m) 8 hrs O/N camp
Day 07 Trek to Jang (3450m) 7 hrs O/N Camp Day 08 Trek to Tilchu (2900m) 6/7 hrs O/N camp
Day 08 Trek to Manepeme (3850m) 7/8 hrs O/N Camp
Day 09 Trek to Sher (3860m) 4 hrs and further drive to Purang (3930m) O/N guesthouse.
Day 10 Drive to Chiu Gompa (4400m) 3.5 hrs O/N camp
Day 11 Manasarover Excursion day (4500m) O/N Camp
Day 12 Drive to Tirthapuri (4200m) 4 hrs visit: Hot Spring and surrounding area O/N Camp
Day 13 Drive to Tholing (4520m) 4/5 hrs O/N Camp
Day 14 Drive to Tsaparang 1 hr and further trek to Guge 2/3 hrs and explore entire Guge Palace.
Day 15 Drive to Darchen (4500m) 7/8 hrs O/N guesthouse
Day 16 Trek to Dira Phuk (5160m) 6.5 hrs camp
Day 17 Trek over Dolma La pass (5630m) camp near Zutul Phuk (4700m) 8 hrs O/N camp
Day 18 Trek to Darchen and further drive to Hor Chu (4400m) 7 hrs O/N camp
Day 19 Drive to Saga (4540 m.) - 410 Kms. 8 hrs
Day 20 Drive to Katmandu (1300m) – 395 kms – 8 hrs Service End.
Day 21 Free until airport time for drop to airprot for final departure.
- 1 Night Accommodation while in Nepalgunj (3 star Category)
- All flight fare Kathmandu/Nepalguj/Simikot,
- Cook with cooking equipment and kitchen staff,
- One local team leader with sherpa staff,
- Freshly cooked full board meal,
- English speaking local guide with sherpa supporter,
- Two men tent during camping, dining and toilet tents, sleeping mats,
- Restricted area permit for Limi Valley,
- Mule and Mule herders for the trek,
- Transportation by 4500 model luxury Japanese Land Cruiser,
- Tibet travel permit, Kailash permit and Guge entry permit,
- English speaking Tibetan guide,
- Yak and Yak Men during circumambulation,
- Monasteries entrance fees,
- Gamov bag or Oxygion for altitude problemme,
- Insurance for Nepali staff and expenses of all Mepali and Tibetan staff.
- Hotel and Guesthouses while in Kathmandu,
- Nepal re entry visa fee it is $25 if you have obtained single entry Nepal visa on your passport,
- Extra cost in the event of Landslide, Road blocked or Flight canceled these are beyond our control,
- Tibet Visa fee,
- Airport tax and access baggage charge,
- Photography charges,
- Travel Insurance,
- Extra charges due to political unrest if applicable,
- Others which are not mentioned