Mt Lhakpa Ri Expedition
Mt. Lhakpa Ri is one of the most popular climbing peaks in Tibet owing to easy accessibility as well as its proximity to worlds highest mountain, Mount Everest. Hence, Lhakpa Ri is also famous as Everest’s easier cousin. Relatively rapid accessibility, easier boarding to the Base Camp, favourable directions and lower gradient give Lhakpa Ri an advantage over other 7000m. Besides summiting Lhakpa Ri, you will also enjoy the magnificent company of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and others. The mountain is also featured in Lucy Walkers famous experimental documentary Blind sight: Himalayas - The Summit of Happiness\'. This documentary features the fascinating adventure of six blind Tibetan teenagers who embark on an adventure to climb Lhakpa Ri under the guidance of blind educator and adventurer Sabriye Tenberken, and the famous blind climber Erik Weihenmayer.
Mt. Lhakpa Ri Expedition
1 to 15+ Person
Breakfast in Kathmandu / Full board food in Tibet and Climbing.
Kathmandu City Sightseeing
Strenuous / Challenging
3* Hotel in Kathmandu / Guesthouse during tour / Camping during Climbing.
Spring & Autumn
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 2-3: In Kathmandu for Tibet Visa Processing
Day 4: Drive Kathmandu/Zangmu (2300m)
Day 5: Drive to Nyalam (3750m)
Day 6: In Nyalam for acclimatization ( explore around )
Day 7: Drive to Thingri (4350m)
Day 8: In Thingri (4350m) for acclimatization
Day 9: Drive to Everest Base camp (5200m)
Day 10-11: At the Base Camp (5200m)
Day 12: Trek to Intermediate Camp (6200m)
Day 13: Arrive at the Advance Base Camp (6400m)
Day 14-17: Climbing Period of Mt. Lhakpa Ri (7,045m).
Day 18: Return to advance base camp (6400m)
Day 19: Spare day
Day 20: Advance base camp to base camp (5200m)
Day 21: Drive base camp to Nyalam (3750m)
Day 22: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 23: At leisure in Kathmandu.
Day 24: Transfer to airport for onward departure
- Arrival / Departure Airport transfer
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing bed & breakfast basis,
- Climbing permit fee, visa fee & all other applicable permits,
- Hotels en route on full board basis,
- All internal and Tibet side transportation,
- Cargo clearance & duties fees,
- Professional High altitude climbing Sherpa depending on number of members in group, Chinese liaison officer backed by full BC cook, kitchen helpers,
- Equipment allowance, daily wages, insurance, food and shelter for above mentioned staff, porters and liaison officer,
- All food, fuel and accommodation for member and Sherpa staffs throughout the expedition period at Base Camp,
- Complete BC & ABC camping equipments,
- Garbage & stool shipped off charges from BC,
- Agency service charge and related administrative fees,
- Camping & group equipments above Base camp: tents, ropes, snow bar, rock piton, shovel, ice-screws etc…
- Food & fuel above Base camp for member & climbing Sherpas,
- 1 Gamow bag / O2 for emergency use,
- Air travel to/from Nepal,
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu,
- Drinks, laundry, postage, telephone bills, tips, all items of personal nature,
- Departure tax at Kathmandu int\\\'l airport,
- Extra high altitude Sherpa if needed,
- Personal travel, high risk, accidental and medical insurance of member,
- Emergency rescue evacuations,
- Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the expedition due to sickness or emergency purpose.
- Any extra service not mentioned herein cost inclusion.