Kathmanud Lhasa Overland Tour is The most demanding and the popular tour to Tibet is a 08 days package, where people start their one of the most spectacular overland journey on the 920 km stretch of road, known as the friendship highway, between Kathmandu and Lhasa. The trip allows a number of detours to the highlights of the Tsang Province and the Lhasa City. The trip offers a spectacular insight into the life and culture of the friendly Tibetan people, from the ancient monasteries with chanting monks, to the tranquil shores of the Turquoise Lake Yamdrok Tso, to the kumbum (literally 1,00,000 images), the most stunning architectural wonder of Tibet and to the city of wonders, the Lhasa and at the end one of the spectacular mountain flight between Lhasa to Kathmandu will deliver you one of the cherish full journey in lifetime.
We Tibet Holidays introduced this trip as a Fixed departure trip both for local agency and individual client since 2007. Now everyone around the world can join on the fixed date. If you are one or two person it would be good idea to join in our departure for cheaper option. Please contact our support and sales team. You can also extend your China trip after Lhasa instead of returning back to Kathmandu.
April to Late December
Day 01 - Kathmandu to Nyalam Drive (3750m) - O/N Guesthouse
Day 02 - Nyalam to Shigatse Drive (3900m) & Sightseeing - O/N Hotel
Day 03 - Shigatse to Gyantse Drive (3800m) & Sightseeing - O/N Hotel
Day 04 - Gyantse to Lhasa via Yamdrok Lake (3600m) - O/N Hotel
Day 05 - Lhasa Sightseeing; Potala Palace, Norbulinka & Drepung.
Day 06 - Lhasa Sightseeing; Jokhang temple, Sera Monastery and Barkhor Bazar.
Day 07 - Lhasa Free Day for personal purpose.
Day 08 - Drop to Airport or train station for final departure.
- It takes at least one week to process Tibet travel permit for this trip.
- You are requested to book this tour as early as possible for those who are joing on the departure date. If you are taking private tour, You are requested to book the tour at least 20 days prior to your prefered date.
- Tibet visa costs $85 for others except US Citizen - $175, Romanian - $120, Canadian - $165, Serbian - $95.
- It is necessary to forward a copy of your respective passport in order to process Tibet travel permit.
- Yes, You could extend your trip to China. The Tibet visa will work both in Tibet and China. If necessary after your Tibet visa expiration, you could have China visa in mainland China city like Chengdu, Xian, Beijing etc.