Request your Doctor to prescribe effective medicines to cover the followings:
|Fever||Chest congestion\'s||Loose motion||Body & Joint pains|
|Vomiting||Muscle Pulls||Nose Blocks||Dysentery|
In addition to the Meditation, your First Aid Kit must contain the followings:
|Vaseline||Facial tissues||Dark sunglasses||Ban Aid||Toilet papers|
|Glare protection||Cotton||Rubber bands||Cough drop||Bandage roll|
|Small plastic bag||Chopstick||Dettol /Listerine||Cologne||Antiseptic|
|Face Masks||Body lotion||Nose Inhaler||Dust cover||Mustard Oil|
In addition to above one should carry glucose-based items [mints, toffees, and mini chocolate bars for periodical consumption at high altitudes for energy. Multi vitamins and vitamin-C tablets are required for daily consumption as a routine. Make a separate pouch for the First Aid Kit with a list of Medicine and their appropriate usage. Saving is not advisable since any cut or bruise may not heal quickly and may irritate with nagging discomfort.
Once you finalized your plan to visit the Holiest Mt. Kailash and Manasarovar, be sure you are holding a valid passport. The copy of your passport should be sent to us at least 1 month prior to start your Yatra..
It is advisable to carry extra money [In addition to the tour cost] for personal needs or emergency. Travel cheques, Indian currencies [except 500 and 1000 currency notes], credit card is accepted in Nepal .
You can exchange your currency into Chinese currencies at the Chinese border. The unspent Chinese currency can be reconverted on return.
You are advised to own a small waist pouch or document bag to manage the following documents properly:
- Passport with Photostat copies Photographs, Identity card Diary for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Charts/Books etc.
- Travel Cheques, credit cards & Currency.
- Airline/Railway tickets/vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purposes.
CLOTHING & EQUIPMENTS:
The following clothing and equipments are suggested for your own protection and safety.
- Down Jacket, Polar fleece, Light quilted.
- Sleeping Bag down with inside extra cove
- Pure wool and thick cotton socks
- Thermal underwear (Inner-full fitting) wool or mixed combination.
- Wool pullovers-polo neck, Flannel shirts.
- Warm light gloves, Snowcap(with ear covering)
- Wool monkey cap, Sun hats & scarves.
- Comfortable Trekking boots and Sandals
- Sun / Snow glasses
- Towels-including small hand towel.
- Hot water bottle.
- Light Trek bag (for camera, and very essential things.) and duffel bag to keep your personal belongings.
- Rain coat with hood.
- Ladies can select other clothing materials as per her interest.
- Torch with spare cells & bulbs
- Video camera: - as per the interest.
- Plastic mug/whistle.
- Swiss knife ( multi purpose)
- First aid box / personal medicine
- Walking stick
Please do not carry unnecessary and valuables
INFORMATIONS HEALTH PRE-CAUTION:
Oxygen is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited.
- Reduce talking.
- Walk slowly - adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 15 minutes and rest for 5 minutes.
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, drugs and intoxicants.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favorite music, bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Keep your boots/Ked inside tent. Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sight seeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
ROUTHE & CLIMATIC CONDITIONS:
The route from Kathmandu to Tatopani [Nepal-China boarder] is narrow and scary but most of it is black topped. The high altitude Tibetan terrain is dry, cold, windy and dusty. Night is colder rather than day. Torrential rains and strong icy winds is common feature. Flooding rivers and landslides are frequent. The average altitude is above 3,500M and the route covers many high altitudes pass.
Tibet Holidays Travel & Adventure provides the following services and equipment on the package:
|Gyamo Bag||Sleeping Bag||Dining Equipment\'s|
|Sherpa Team||Kitchen Tent||Kitchen Equipment\'s|
|Dining Tents||Guest House||Mineral Water|
|Chinese Guide||Land cruiser||Trucks|
|Walking Stick||Oxygen Bottle||Accommodation Tent|
RISK AND LIABILITY:
The Speciality of Tibet Holidays Travel & Adventure is that even if one Yatri wants to do the Parikarma he / she will be taken care off. Oxygen bags, Gamm bags, Basic medical Kits are provided.
No Alcohol, Drugs and other intoxicants. Anyone found using these will be left behind at the very camp at their own risk. Further stay and return back are all at their own risk and the liability is theirs.
- Any natural adversity like landslides, storm, floods, heavy snow, road blockage political unrest, cancellation of flights, delay in arrival or departure, sickness or accident, any unforeseen events that change the scheduled program forces the travels to change the itinerary, the decision of the experienced coordinator and the travels are the final one.
- Any additional cost incurred due to the above mentioned reasons must be borne by the travelers.
- The pilgrimage is planned to make all do the parikrama of the Holy Mount. But it any one cannot make it them the additional cost of the camp of staying behind has to be born them and there.
- Travelers can take insurance coverage.